Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Waaaaaaah!

I have the diabetes! I'm sad. I just got the call that I failed the 3 hour glucose test. At least Easter is over and the Cadburry Eggs will quit haunting me. That and I ate two of them this weekend. I have my closure.

So now I have an appoinment with the doctor this Wednesday at 4:00 then the dietitian at 4:30. Can't wait!


I guess this is the end of the road. I've had a fabulous time with you chocolate and I hope that you know this is not my decision. I'm doing this for Carter. I will see you again in about 3 months. I promise.

5 comments:

Tabatha said...

Oh NO!!!!

Cheerful Homemaker said...

That is one of the saddest things I have ever heard!

Bethany said...

The sacrifices we have to make... Men have NO idea.
Can you at least have Splenda things?

Kaci said...

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Ugh well hmmmm...I'm sure the dietian will have some sweet ideas to subsitute the loss of dear chocolate. I'm sorry sweet!

Cindy Lou Who said...

I'm sorry - I was hoping it would not happen. Did they say if it can be controled with diet or is it bad enough for insulin? Stick to the diet - you dont want a BIG baby! I'm cheering for you - you can do it!