Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 6, 2009

I got the call

Well I was sitting here at my desk thinking to myself that I haven't heard from my doctors office about my glucose test so I must have passed. Then I started getting really excited because it's already a little after 4:00 and surely they would have called by now. Until I realized that they always call my cell phone (even though I tell them to call my work) and my cell phone is off because the battery died. No big deal right? I probably don't have any messages. Except I do. And it's from the doctors office. They don't call unless there's a problem. But maybe they wanted to call and tell me that my blood work came back perfect? So I call and the lady says I have low iron. Sweet, no big deal. I can live with taking an iron supplement. Just as I'm starting to do a little dance in my chair she says that also my blood sugar came back high. DAMMIT! Not what I wanted to hear.

So I get to do the dreaded 3 hour glucose test. And I have to sit in the doctors office for 4 hours while they draw my blood 4 different times. UGH! Seriously, this sucks. I'm just praying that I pass the 3 hour test. And I have to fast for 12 hours. Do you know what it's like to be pregnant and have to not only eat an early, but to also skip breakfast and have a late lunch? I already feel sorry for Grant because I'm going to be the biggest grump ever. Okay, vent over.

I guess if I look on the bright side if I do in fact have the diabetes then I'll be forced to eat healthy for the next three months. Maybe then I can keep my weight gain down to a minimum. Okay, things aren't looking too bad after all. Ha, who am I kidding?





27w2d

2 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

I so feel for ya! I had to do that stupid 3 hour test with each baby! Lucky me, I had the Gestational Diabeties with both - but I could control it with diet and not have to have insulin. But it will give you large babies - so really try and stick to that diet the nutrionist gives you. Hopefully this test comes out negative for you and you wont have to have your blood taken every 2 weeks to check your insulin. :o)

Kaci said...

Oh sweet Kory I'm so sorry!!! :(