Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Viability

So I didn't get around to posting over the weekend but Carter had a big day on Saturday. Saturday I turned 24 weeks pregnant which is the point of viability. This means that if he is born now he has a chance of surviving, although he'll be in the NICU for some time. I'm sure that it's not at exactly 24 weeks to the day that he reaches this point but it's a great milestone nonetheless.

Nursery progress: Sheetrock is done! We have a professional coming in to do the tape and texture and I'm REALLY hoping he can do that this week so we can start priming the room this weekend. Grant's mom bought us the Kilz primer (best stuff ever) as an early Easter present. Thank you Val!

After work on Friday we went to Toys-R-Us and registered. While we were there we bought the bedding. I told Grant that we needed it to start painting and decorating the nursery and he was all for it. It's so cute, I can't wait to get a crib and set it all up.

My Dad told me this morning that he will build the ­closet organizer for us, YAY! Grant was originally going to do it but he already has more then enough on his plate with everything else he's doing in the nursery. And plus my dad owns a countertop company and has all the materials and tools to do this in a snap. I'm so grateful that he offered. I wonder if he would do our master bedroom closet too?

Grant is so funny. On the way to register on Friday we had this conversation;
Me: I can't wait to register, I'm so excited!
Grant: Ya, it will be fun.
Me: And we get to try out the strollers to see how we'll like them.
Grant: Honey, I don't think you're going to fit into one of those strollers.
Me: ((dies laughing))

He was totally serious too. He thought that by "trying them out" we were going to push each other around in them. Haha, boys can be so funny sometimes.





24w2d

3 comments:

Kaci said...

He was not serious!!! REally? Wow Grant we need to talk...pssst Kory don't leave him alone. HAHA!! Just kidding!

Cindy Lou Who said...

Way too funny! Grant - Being a dad...you got a long way to go in "trying things out" - LOL

Alison said...

I just saw that CUTE bedding this weekend. LOVE it!!