Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Appointment went good!

The doctor answered a bunch of questions I had and we got to hear Carter on the doppler. He measured my fundal height for the first time (measurement from pelvic bone to top of uterus). He said I measured a tad bit big, at 23 or 24 weeks, but I'm okay with that. I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow so I'm not too far off. He wasn't worried in the least bit. My weight was up a few pounds from the last appointment so I'm now at my starting weight.

I scheduled my next appointment for April 2nd, which will be my glucose test. Basically I'll have to wake up, eat breakfast at 7:00, drink the sugary drink they gave me at 8:00, then be in the doctors office by 9:00 to get my blood drawn. They will measure how my body processes the sugar to see if I have gestational diabetes. I'm really hoping that I don't but if I do then I'll have to deal with it. Oh, and I also get another ultrasound at the next appointment. I'm really excited about that because I was told at my last appointment that I was only going to get one more and that would be at my 36 week appointment. Well yesterday I was told by both the doctor and the receptionist that I'd get an ultrasound after they did the glucose test. YAY!





22w6d

1 comment:

Kaci said...

Glad for the appt...and way cool for the extra extra ultrasound...so lucky!