Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Los Angeles here I come!

So as some of you may know I frequent a website called thebump.com. The pregnant girls on the site are very helpful and I get a lot of information from them. So the last week or so they've been talking about winning tickets to see the Ellen show. At first I was intrigued, but after I heard of the prizes that Ellen has given away the last couple of years I was determined to go. Ellen does a Mother's Day special every year and invites women who are first time moms to be to be a guest in the audience so I signed up on-line.

Well last night I got the call, I won tickets for me and a friend (they prefer it to be a first time mom to be as well) to go down to L.A. on Thursday May 7th for the Ellen show. OMG I can't even tell you how excited I was. I never thought in a million years that I was going to get that call. I was jumping up and down and screaming. Grant knew how much I wanted to go because I was talking about it non-stop about who I would take if I won and etc.

Well my cousin who is almost 24 weeks pregnant (with her first) was the one that I knew I wanted to ask to go with me. She was able to have someone cover her shift so she can go. We are both so excited. I'll have to take a couple of days off work but God knows I could use the little vacation right about now.

In the past Ellen has given away gifts such as diaper bags, strollers, washer/dryers, T.V.'s and much much more. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much about what she'll give away this year so I'm telling myself that she'll give out candels. Haha! That way I won't get disapointed when she gives out the awesome gifts. Oh, and every guest in the audience gets the same gifts. Grant and I can totally use whatever she gives.



24w4d

5 comments:

Kaci said...

Very cool and now that she's expecting too...or Porshe is...I bet the gifts will be tubular!

leah2008 said...

Ellen had proshe on her show the other day, and cleared that up. They are not expecting lol. Congrats Kory thats exciting!

Mrs. Pink said...

That's awesome! Congrats!!!

Kaci said...

Ooooh oops...I need to keep on things more I guess. LOL!

Cindy Lou Who said...

Congrats Kory! So excited for you! I always wanted to do that. Have fun!