Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just waiting

Waiting for my next appointment is exactly 7 days. I can't wait to see Poppy again. My BFF Tonya is going with me to the ultrasound (Grant's pretty sure he'll be able to come also). Tonya is so excited. She has two babies of her own and she won't be having any more. So me being pregnant was great news for her.

I still feel fabulous! Absolutely NO morning sickness or anything. I'm just tired and I'm actually starting to get used to it. It feels so nice now that everyone knows though. I hated living a lie for those three weeks. I still haven't told a lot of my friends. All of the friends that I talk to on a regular basis knows, but the ones that I don't talk to often don't know yet. I'm waiting until closer to Christmas to tell them and everyone else.

Grant and I have come up with names. I've know for at least 10 years what my girl name was going to be. Weird I know. But luckily Grant agrees. Girl name is Alexis Lynn (Alex for short). The boy name was a little harder to come up with. Grant and I just couldn't agree on anything. When we were at his mom's house over the weekend we asked how she came up with the names of her three kids and she told us this;

"Grant I knew because that is your Grandpa's name. Angela I picked because they wouldn't let me leave the hospital without a name so I just picked a name that I liked that wasn't common (at the time). Aimee I came up with when I was reading a magazine in the hospital, there was an article written by Aimee Carter and I really liked that first name and how it was spelling."


So that got me thinking. I really like the name Carter. Grant actually agreed. Neither one of us know a single person with that name and that's what we were looking for. So Carter Thomas is the boy name.

The middle names are passed down from our families. Lynn is my mom's middle name as well as my own middle name (it's also Grant's mom's middle name). Thomas is Grant's middle name as well as his (late) fathers first name. I love the idea of passing down the middle name (even though Lynn is so over used).

So that's what is new. Of course, more updates to come as needed.


7w3d

2 comments:

Kaci said...

Great names!! :) I like Carter!

Alison said...

Ditto. Great names!!