Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Huston, we have a baby!

Yep, last night we saw Poppy. It was the most wonderful thing ever. The appointment took almost an hour and of course they do the ultrasound last. I could hardly pay attention to what the doctor and nurse were telling me because I just wanted that damn ultrasound. First we went over family history, then I put on the paper clothes, then the pelvic (I'm not sure if G enjoyed that too much), then more discussions, then finally we get to meet the doctor in the other room for the ultrasound.

I was surprised because he did an external exam and I was expecting an internal. We saw the gestational sac, the yolk sac and a baby. He couldn't get a good measurement on the baby though (I think it's because it was an external and not an internal) but he measured the sac and that measured at 6w5d which is exactly what I had calculated so that was great. We also couldn't see a heartbeat (again, probably because it was external) but he did pick it up on the dopler at 130 beats per minute. He asked if I wanted to come back in a week or two to see the heartbeat and of course I said yes. So the next appointment is Tuesday the 25th.

We told my mom and step-dad last night. That was so much fun. We wrapped up a onesie that said "what happens at grandma's house, stays at grandma's house" (there were none that said anything about grandpa's so we settled for this one) and a copy of the ultrasound picture and gave it to them. They were so excited. My mom called me at 5:26 am this morning and said that she had trouble sleeping last night.

So the plan is to tell my dad and step-mom tomorrow morning then head up to G's mom's house out of town to tell her. We're doing the same thing with them as far as onsies but G's mom get's a bib that says "I love grandma". It's still so sureal, G and I are so excited and we both had so much fun telling my parent's.
I also told my cousin Jess who is so excited, she just had a baby boy in August so they'll be less then a year apart. Too bad she lives like 3 hours away. :(

But so far G, Poppy and I are all doing good.


6w6d today

1 comment:

Kaci said...

Awhhh yea!! Glad your Momma is so excited I bet she's already buying stuff! LOL! :)