Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Long time, no post!

I've been totally slacking on updating so this will probably be a pretty long blog entry. I'm going to break it down in bullets;

  • Three weeks ago I noticed Carter wasn't feeling well and he felt hot so I took his temp and it was a whopping 104 degrees. I rushed him to the doctor and they said to give him Tylenol and Motrin and come back in 24 hours. They tested him for the the flu and the swine flu but that was about all they could do (luckily they were both negative). So the next morning before I go his appointment I notice he had a little cough. I mention it to the doctor and he ordered chest x-rays. Carter had slight pneumonia. Poor baby. Luckily we caught it super early so a round of antibiotics did the trick and he got all better.
  • Now though, he has a cold. Obviously it's not as bad as pneumonia but it still sucks. He HATES the nasal aspirator so he's not a happy camper right now.
  • The good news is he's been sleeping better. There was a couple of weeks during and after he was sick that his sleep was horrible but the last couple of days it's been fantastic! Saturday night he slept from 8:30 pm to 4:00 am, ate, then slept from 5:00 am to 8:30 am. 12 hours with one bottle in between. Then last night he followed almost the same route. I could definitely get used to this.
  • I have a three month old! I can't believe how fast time has gone. He's getting so big. He's learning so many new things. When he's sitting on my lap he loves to stare at his toes. He is already putting everything in his mouth. If anything is near his hands he will try to navigate it to his mouth. When I get him dressed and I'm putting his arm in the sleeve he will shove the sleeve in his mouth.
  • I'm still not back to work yet. I've been so lucky to be able to spend 3 glorious months with my munchkin but my time has come to an end. On Monday I will be returning back to work. But it's not my previous job, I'm starting a new one. It's going to be weird but exciting. The pay isn't as good but the benefits are AWESOME, they have flex time so I can go into work anytime between 6:30 am and 9:00 am, and after a year I get to work from home full time. The con to this is I have to put Carter in day care.
  • I found a great day care for Carter. Grant and I know the lady personally and we both completely trust her. She follows the same practices that I believe in such as very limited T.V shows (and not until they're older), no pacifiers or bottles past 1 year old, and having the child on a schedule (Carter is a little too young for this, but soon). I think that Carter will have a great time there and he will learn to interact with other children, which is harder to teach when he's home alone with me all day.
  • Carter is becoming so much more happy. He's crying less, really only when he's tired or hungry and smiling a lot more. He's starting to kind of giggle, but he's not laughing yet. I'll try to post a video of him trying to laugh in another post. Here's my happy baby;


  • And here's Carter break dancing in his crib;









Carter is 3 months and 5 days old

2 comments:

Alison said...

LOVE the break dancing shot! Hope your first day back at work went well!!!

Kaci said...

He's adorable!! Scary he was so sick!! UGH!