Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

4 months old

Carter turned 4 month old yesterday, I can't believe how time is flying. Being a mother is the best thing in the world. I can't explain my love for this little boy. And he's such a great baby, always smiling. Grant and I are so lucky. And Grant is the best dad. I always knew he'd be a great dad but he's even better than I could ask for.

I need to take his four month picture but he's at his grandmas today. I was sick yesterday (throwing up all day, it was bad) and I didn't want Carter to possibly get sick from me so my mom took him. Luckily I'm feeling much better today.

In the meantime here's a pregnancy survey;

1. Were you married at the time?
Yes.

2. What was your reaction when you found out you were pregnant? "OMG!!!" I think deep down I knew I was pregnant but I was in shock. You can read about it
­here

3. How old were you? 27

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? I had been extremely tired all weekend long so I decided to take a test.

5. Who did you tell first? Grant was there so he found out right away. Kaci was the first to know after that. She actually guessed it, which I still don't know how because she lives hundreds of miles away. Then we told my parents after our first appointment.

6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes! We're way too impatient to wait. I wanted to have the nursery all decorated and clothes all bought and I'm not a big fan of gender neutral baby things.

7. Due date? July 4th, 2009.

8. Did you deliver early or late? 4 days early. I was induced on Monday and my water broke early Tuesday morning.

9. Did you have morning sickness? No, thank God. I was a little nauseated at the beginning but it really wasn't too bad. I got really lucky.

10. What did you crave? Red grapes, yogurt, burritos and jalapenos. Not all together, that would be weird, lol.

11. What irritated you the most? Not too much really. I would get irritated at random stupid things but nothing big.

12. What was your first child’s sex? Boy.

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? I think the final number was 15 pounds or something. I ended up losing it all within 2 weeks but my clothes still don't fit the same.

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Not really, unless you count having gestational diabetes. I was so lucky to have a really easy pregnancy. I LOVED being pregnant, it's such a blessing.

15. Where did you give birth? St. Elizabeth Hospital

16. How many hours were you in labor? 7 1/2 hours from my water breaking until the c-section.

17. Who drove you to the hospital?
Grant. It was 2:00 in the morning with no traffic but he still ran stops signs and red lights. He's always wanted to do that, lol.

18 . Did you take medicine to ease the pain? No. I wanted an epidural so bad but they said I have to be at 4cm and I never got past 3cm.

19 . How much did your child weigh? 6lbs 15.5oz but they rounded up to 7 pounds.

20 . What did you name him/her? Carter Thomas.

21 . How old is your first born today? 4 months 1 day.

22. Who does your child look like? He looks like Grant but has my eyes, hands and feet. Weird combo I know.

23. Did you get mad at your husband during labor?
Nope. I didn't talk or even open my eyes when I was in labor. It hurt to bad to move or think so I just kept to myself.




Daddy and Carter almost 4 months old



1 comment:

Kaci said...

So sorry you were sick!! Ugh and throwing up sick is the worst!! Feel better toots! XOXO