Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

What?!?!

Yay, I'm knocked up, pregnant, with child, there's a bun in the oven. I want to start this blog to track my progress and all the details so I can look back at this later in life. In case I ever get anyone who's interested in reading this here's a background on me:

My husband, we'll call him G, and I met on March 4th, 2006. We had our first date the following day and we hit it off right away. He proposed to me on our first anniversary, March 5th, 2007, and we just got married 4 months ago on June 21st, 2008.

We both wanted to have kids and we weren't getting any younger here (I'm 27, he's 26). I ditched the BCP (birth control pills) in August, but not to start necessarily start trying right away, I just wanted to get regulated since I'd been on the pill for almost 8 years.

Around this point I had been reading a lot of pregnancy and fertility (or really, infertility) blogs and I was introduced to temping. Even though we had talked about not really TTC) trying to conceive until the first part of 2009 I decided to try it anyways to get used to it. I started temping half way through September but my first whole month wasn't until October.

I knew that my cycles were pretty much 28-29 days all the time so I was expecting my period by Saturday (yesterday). So today is cycle day 30 which I figured I could still get my period anytime, and honestly I was expecting it. But I have been extremely tired for the last few days. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I went to bed around 9:00, which is a little early for me (granted I do wake up at 5:30am on weekdays). And ALL day Saturday I literately laid around the house and even took a nap, which is totally not like me at all. Then today I still felt tired and just waiting to take another nap.

I decided to run over to the Dollar Tree to pick up some pregnancy tests before I went grocery shopping. I know, you're thinking Dollar Tree pregnancy tests?!?! But I've read a lot of blogs of women who use those because they're so cheap then if they get a positive they'll go out a get an expensive one. So that's what I did.

I got home and peed in a cup and dropped 4 drops of pee onto the test (weird I know, that's how these are done). I had told G that I was going to take one and he was in his office, in the room next to me. After a few minutes of silence from the bathroom he says "So, are you pregnant?"

At this point I was sitting there staring at a second line on the test. I didn't really know if it was there though I thought that maybe my mind was just making it up so I said back "Can you come here?". He laughed and came into the bathroom and I asked if he saw a second line. He said he did but it was faint. I said that means I'm pregnant. I saw the tears in his eyes, it was so cute. Once I told him that test was from the Dollar Tree he said that may be wrong (even though I peed on the second one I got from there and that was positive too). So we went to Walmart and bought a digital e.p.t. test, went home and peed on that stick. Not even 30 seconds later is said positive. NOW he believes me.

And so you are caught up to date. I really didn't think I was pregnant though. I mean I was in total and utter shock about it (really, I still am). We are both so happy and I just can't believe I got pregnant so soon, I honestly thought it was going to take us awhile. I've already taken a walk, drank plenty of water and started eating healthier. I wanted to loose 30 pounds before I got pregnant but oh well, I'll definitely take what I got.

Now I have to find a doctor! And I have been taking prenatal vitamins for the last few months too. I would love to wait until Christmas to tell everyone but I don't know if that's too long to wait, and I don't even know if I can last that long.

1 comment:

Alison said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I look forward to following your journey!! Thanks for commenting on mine. Its a fun, fun ride!! --Alison (MyABCLife)