Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Our first baby shower 5.30.09

The day of the baby shower was perfect. First Grant and I got up at 7:00 and did some cleaning and prep work in the nursery. Then my mom showed up at 10:00 and I was kicked out of the house while her, Grant and Haley set up. I wasn't to come back until 3:00, when the baby shower started. So my BFF Tonya and I went to Redding (where there's actually some shopping) and had a fabulous lunch at Olive Garden then hit up the mall for some shopping. While there I got a pedicure, bought a dress to wear for the shower and bought a cute little sign for the nursery that says "Monkey see, monkey do".

When we arrived back at the house most of the guests were already there and the house was all decorated and set up. When I left that morning the nursery was completely empty but when I got back it was all set up (minus the dresser, we still need to paint that and the nightstand).
Notice the booties in the crib? I love them! Thanks Ellen Show!

The color between the pictures look totally different but the first picture is more accurate.



Then the shower began.
First we started off the shower with a relay race. Two teams of 3 guys.

Getting ready for the races to begin



The first guy on each team had to dress a baby doll, strap it in the stroller and run it to the next guy.Our friend Steve and my brother Troy dressing the dolls



Then the next guys had to take off the clothes, change the diaper (it was filled with chocolate pudding), redress the doll, then take it in the stroller to the last guy
Here's Grant and Ben changing the dolls



The last guys had to put the doll in pajamas and tie on a bib, strap it back in the stroller and run it to the finish line.

Jorge and Jack dressing the dolls




Grant's team won!


Then we had the beer chugging competition. Except they had to chug the beer out of a baby bottle. Freakin' hilarious!

Ben, Jack, Jorge, Troy, Steve and Grant



Grant totally beat everyone. The other guys kept drinking after Grant was done but none of them could finish so they gave up and took off the tops and drank it.

Grant kickin' ass and taking names

My brother trying as hard as he could to finish. They tried for several minutes after Grant was done.




Then it was the girls turn. We used punch because none of them wanted to chug beer.


Amy, Sonja, Haley and I. Haley's punch was spiked so she choked a little.



I was the first one done by far. Alexis came in second place and she was still a few minutes behind me. The other girls couldn't finish so they took off the nipples to finish.

Here I am telling Haley how to do it. Sonja is trying to get some pointers too.

Seriously, Grant and I must be naturals. It's just funny how we beat everyone out of the water.

Next they had two groups of 3 girls get together and they had 5 minutes to cut out different baby body parts out of magazines to put together a Carter. Here's what they came up with


This one is scary to me. The eyes look nothing like what I think Carter's eyes will look like and what is up with the mouth?!? LOL!



While this one is still a little scary looking I think it's a little less scary. This was the winner based on the eyes nose and mouth. Check out his hair though, haha.



The delicious cake



All the yummy food. We're still eating the leftovers




Grant and I



Like I said before, we had a perfect shower. :)


35w3d

3 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm gonna have to remember some of those games...LOL

Kaci said...

Very cute!! Sounds like it was a blast!

Megan said...

The room looks so cute and you look great!