Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nursery progress

I'm loving the nursery so far. We worked our asses off on Saturday, went out of town on Sunday, then back to work on it again Monday.

Saturday we had our good friends Jack & Alexis and Ben & Sonja over to help. Jack came over at 7:30 am to help and everyone else was there around 5:00 pm or so. Here's what we got done;

The guys attached the tops of the squares on the wall first



Jack attaching the sides and bottoms of the squares



One of the walls complete with squares



Then on Monday my mom and I started the day with priming the wainscoting. Haley joined in after a while and we got done in about 2½ hours. Then my mom and I finished up with the coat of white paint.

The painted wainscoting


Grant was having fun trimming off the closet and trying to figure out the closet doors. Seriously, those directions were jacked up. I don't even know how anyone could follow them.

Grant having a hard time with the closet door. Notice the door handle I installed? Isn't it a beauty?

The closet doors didn't get done but that's okay, it's the painting that I really wanted finished first. We got a little nightstand for free from Grant's mom's neighbor so we're going to repaint that and the dresser. We'll start that little project tonight.


Here's the dresser we're going to paint dark brown. Hopefully it matched the crib somewhat.

What we have left to do:
Hang the new blinds (we did end up getting new ones)
Clean the hardwood floors
Cut down and and install outlet covers
Repaint dresser and nightstand
Hang closet doors
Hang curtains
Install closet shelving (to be done by my Dad)
Clean windows


The crib is on the UPS truck here in Chico as I type. I knew it was supposed to be here today and I thought about bringing the truck to work but I decided not to. Maybe it will fit in the back of my car? We'll see. I can't wait to get it set up.




34w3d

2 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

Yea - the room looks awesome already! And tell Grant to wait on the closet doors - you'll have to take them down when dad does the organizers anyways. Save him the hassle. ;o)

Kaci said...

Wow it looks sooooooooooo awesome Kory! :) I can't wait to see it someday. *pout*