Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nursery has been started

First of all, thank you to those of you who voted on the cribs. I'm still waiting on at least one more vote *cough*Kaci*cough*!

Okay so technically the nursery has been started, but we have cleaned the other two bedrooms and condensed them into one so we can move the bed out of the nursery. This weekend we'll finish (hopefully) cleaning out the nursery. Then Grant can do the sheetrock work that needs to be done. Before we bought the house there was a leak in the roof that damaged the sheetrock on the ceiling of that bedroom. Well the previous owners put on a new roof but never fixed the ceiling, so that's what Grant gets to do. I'll be taking and posting pictures of the progress.

I'm still having a hard time picking out the bedding that I want. I think I found the one I want but I'm still not 100% sure. Here's what I'm thinking;


I wanted to just monkeys but there's no bedding that I like with just monkeys on it. I don't like busy nurseries so I won't be getting the entire set that's shown in this picture. I'd just get the bedding (which comes with the diaper stacker that's hanging on the wall to the left) and the curtains. I want to paint the walls a light blue but I don't think Grant wants blue walls (why? I have no idea, we're having a boy for crying out loud).

My other option is going with a bedding that's more plain and painting monkeys on the wall. I think it would be awesome to paint some things on the wall myself. I don't really want to do both the monkeys on the wall and that monkey bedding though because like I said before, I don't like nurseries that are too overdone.

So those are my ideas so far. This last weekend my mom and I hung up all the baby clothes that I've gotten so far (all hand-me-downs from friends) and the closet is already half full. Oh, and Grant is going to build shelving in the closet for me too. Here's an idea of what I want;


He said that should be easy too do. I love that there's so much room to hang clothes but there's also room for the baskets and misc items. Also the current closet has the sliding doors (I HATE them!) and I was able to talk Grant into doing these kind of doors. It's a lot easier to acess the whole closet, rather then just half at a time.

And last but not least here's a belly pic from today;


It's getting bigger! :)



20w5d

2 comments:

leah2008 said...

Our taste is so alike omg... i started laughing... cause the bedding set you like , I thought was so cute, and thats what i would want my lil boys room to have in it also. lol... Its moving so fast its going to be july before we know it... :)

Kaci said...

Awhhhhhh!!!