Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Carter's one week pediatrician appointment

On Wednesday (I know, sorry for the late post) Carter had his first pediatrician appointment. Everything went great. His weight dropped to 6 pounds 3 ounces but the pediatrician didn't seen concerned. She looked him over and said everything looks good.

Breastfeeding on the other hand isn't going so well. In fact it isn't going at all. My milk didn't come in until Saturday which was way late so we had already started him on formula. I figured we'd just switch to breast milk once it came in. Well I barely had any milk come in. I pumped from both breasts several times and I couldn't get more than .5 ounces from BOTH breasts. Sooo we ended up doing just formula. I'm a little bummed but happy to know that at least he's getting fed enough.

In other news Carter's belly button feel off yesterday. The circumcision is still healing though so no baths yet.

Carter is doing great. He was really gassy this morning so he was crying a lot but he's doing better now. Grant and I went out tonight and got him some Mylicon so hopefully that will help next time. Any other suggestions? I've heard from some people that Mylicon is great but I've also heard from others that it doesn't work.

All now I'll leave you with some pictures of my cute little man;















Carter is 11 days old

2 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

OMG - he's so cute! Grant looks so happy! I still can't believe all that hair!

Kaci said...

That hair is so awesome! I love it! Mylicon worked well with El and just the normal belly rubs, etc. That child is still gassy as ever...takes after her Dad. HAHAH!!

Sorry about the bf-ing I know it's really hard and disappointing. :(

XOXO