Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Carter updates

Sorry it's been awhile since I posted, it's been busy in the Watkins' household.

Carter had kind of made his own sleep schedule and I'm not really liking it. He falls asleep at night at about 9-10 pm, wakes up about 3:00 am to eat (which takes about 45 minutes to an hour), then wakes up again about 5:30 am to eat again. Then he's pretty much up for the day. I try and try to get him back to sleep again but he just doesn't want to. He's not even napping in the morning. He's pretty much awake from 5:30 am until his afternoon nap at 2:00 pm. Then he'll sleep for 3-4 hours and be awake until 9-10 pm for bedtime. And the cycle continues. I mean it could be worse but I'm just not getting much sleep. Luckily I'm learning to live off of little sleep. I'm hoping he gets on a better schedule before I have to return back to work.

On another note, Carter is growing so fast and is as cute as ever. He constantly has to have something in his mouth whether it be a pacifier, a bottle or his hands. The problem is he's not always able to keep the pacifier in his mouth so I'm constantly having to put it back in. And he hasn't realized that his hands are his. They'll find his mouth and he'll be happy, then all the sudden they go away and he's mad. It's cute.

This last weekend we took a little trip up to Oregon to attend Grant's cousin's wedding. The trip took about 2 1/2 hours and Carter did really well. We had a great time at the wedding and everyone loved him. I'm so glad we were able to go because a lot of Grant's family got to meet Carter where as they probably wouldn't have been able to for a long time.

Here's some pictures;



Grant, Carter and I at the wedding


All of Grant's family that was able to attend the wedding



Carter's great grandma Ardith and great grandpa Earl




And here are a few pictures of Carter after I gave him a bath. His hair is curly when it's wet. It looks really light in these photos but it's still dark.



4 comments:

Alison said...

Aw, he looks so big!!

As for naps... do you have a swing!?! A swing has worked WONDERS for our nap schedule!

Korndog said...

The swing works sometimes. He's actually in it now. Most of the time he'll just lay there and stare at the wall for 5-10 minutes then start crying. Every once in awhile I get lucky and he falls asleep in it though.

He really wants me to hold him all the time so I do, it's just hard to get anything done. :o)

Cindy Lou Who said...

oh break the habit of holding him now! You'll never forgive yourself later. LOL

I can't believe how big his iris' are! Makes his eyes so big and hardly any white! Cute

Kaci said...

Hell no don't stop...he'll grow up and never want to cuddle...I SAY HOLD THAT BABY FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN! :)