Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Are you still there?

I wish I had confirmation that there was in fact a baby in here. I don't know why but I just have a fear of miscarrying. Actually I do know why, it's all the blogs that I read that have brought me to reality. Before reading the blogs I thought that you had sex, got pregnant then had a baby. I know now that's not always the case. I have the first two down, but until I have the baby in my arms there will probably always be a little bit of uneasiness within.

My symptoms have subsided. No cramps today, I'm not having to urinate all.the.time anymore, and no nausea. The only thing is that I'm not really hungry, which is not really normal for me!

Yesterday I made my first doctors appointment. It on November 13th so according to my calculations I should be about 6 weeks 4 days. The problem is that I know there's a chance they won't see the heartbeat. If they don't see the heartbeat then they will schedule another appointment for 1-2 weeks after that. So I've been thinking I could just make the first appointment closer to 8 weeks so I don't have to ask for more time off. But then again I don't want to wait that long. The problem with getting more time off is that I'm not telling my employers* until I'm further along and they'll probably suspect something if I keep asking for time off. My doctor is 45 minutes away from my work so I have to do late appointments and just leave work 2 hours early.

*My employers are my parents and I don't want them knowing just quite yet.

No comments: