Followers

Timeline of events


09/2008 - Went off birth control
10/2008 - Found out I was pregnant
11/2008 - First doctor appt. HB is 188
1/2009 - Baby looks good, HB 163
2/2009 - It's a BOY! Carter Thomas
3/2009 - HB in the 140-150 range
4/2009 - Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
5/2009 - Went on the Ellen Show's Mother's Day Special
6/2009 - Carter Thomas W. was born
6/2010 - Carter's first birthday
2/2011 - He's getting so big, someone stop him from growing so fast!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Olivia's Two Month Check-Up

Since I'm so far behind lets start with Olivia's one month stats:
Weight: 8 pounds 14 ounces
Height: 21"

You may not know (because of my lack of posts) that I had been having problems with Olivia eating. It started when she was about three weeks old, she just wasn't eating much. Then when she was 5 weeks old I took her to the pediatrician because she was barely eating anything at all; in a 12 hour period she had eaten only 5 ounces so I was worried. The doctor suggested that I switch her to soy formula. Her weight at that appointment was 9 pounds 2 ounces (so only 9 ounces up from birth. Not great). I put her on the soy formula and had a follow up visit 4 days later. She seemed to be eating a little better and her weight 4 days later was up to 9 pounds 4 ounces (so a 2 ounce weight gain in 4 days). The pediatrician was happy enough with that to wait until her scheduled two month check up to see her again.

That puts at us today. We didn't get to see our normal pediatrician, instead we saw Dr. Carter, who was great. Her two month stats are:
Weight: 9 pounds 11 ounces (25th percentile)
Height: 23" (80th percentile)
Head: 38 cm

The pediatrician wasn't really concerned with Olivia's lack of weight gain since she's growing so much in length. I couldn't believe how long she was. Carter was only 21 1/2" long at two months. Poor Carter might be shorter than his sister someday. Haha.

In addition to Olivia's appointment Carter also had a follow up visit from his double ear infections and tonsillitis he had a couple of weeks ago. Luckily he got a clean bill of health. And just for fun I'll post his stats:
Weight: 30 pounds 8 ounces
BP: 99/68

We didn't get a height for him, but I thought it was weird they check his BP. Apparently that's standard now for kids ages 2 and up. And she said that 99/68 is perfect for his age.

I still haven't taken Olivia's 2 month pictures, I'll be doing that tomorrow (hopefully). So I'll leave you with Olivia's one month photo:



Carter is 2 years, 9 months, 1 week and 3 days old.
Olivia is 2 months old.

No comments: